This summer you can lighten up your meals and upgrade your nutrition with inspired, simple tweaks to regular foods and meals. When practiced consistently, these little changes can make a huge difference in the overall quality of your diet and performance! One of my Favourite is The Caprese Zoodles from the Lifestyle Detox program recipe guide! This program includes a 3 day juicing program combined with a meal plan and delicious recipes shipped straight to your home! Find the program available here! https://www.naturesemporium.com/lifestyle-detox-cold-pressed-juice-program/
What are Zoodles? Spiralizing your meal allows you to transform a healthy, low-calorie, low-carb vegetable into a giant bowl of pasta! Top with the right sauce and protein and you’ve got a delicious meal that will taste just like pasta without the guilt! I love shrimp and organic free range chicken topped on my mine!
FOR THE PESTO:
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1 packed cup of basil
- 1.5 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- Salt and pepper, to taste For the zucchini noodles:
• 1 medium zucchini, Blade D,noodles trimmedFor the caprese:
- 2 half-thick slices of tomato
- 2 quarter-inch thick slice ofmozzarella cheese (2oz each)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin oliveoil, to drizzle
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper akes
- 2 basil leaves, sliced thinly
How to Prepare
- Place all of the ingredients for the pesto into a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust, if necessary.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the zucchini noodles and pour in the pesto. Toss together until fully combined.
- Plate the zucchini noodles into two dishes and top each with a tomato slice. Top the tomato with a slice of mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil (about 1 teaspoon) and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with red pepper flakes and basil
Leave A Comment